For those that know me, know that I LOVE a gorgeous table. Every detail is important. Welcoming your guest to beautiful set table is always a pleasant surprise. This is something you can do 2 to 3 days in advance.
- Decide on color scheme.
- Don’t be afraid to mix textures and colors. Adding a pop color of silver, gold, red is always attractive.
- View the images from last year to revamp the table design.
- Decide on the china/dinnerware, stemware and flatware you will use. Make sure you have enough for the number of guest you are inviting. Mixing china is fine as long as there are other key elements to bring the design together.
- This is the time to bring out the good stuff! Use your crystal, grandmother’s serving bowls, your good knife and server, and enjoy the experience.
- Cloth linens and napkins dresses up any table. If you have a beautiful table and do now want to use a linen, a table runner is always a nice touch.
- Make sure you have seating for everyone. If guest are being seated in additional rooms, make sure you have seating for everyone. Rent chairs from a Party Rental business is not expensive. Order now and plan to have them delivered or arrange for pick-up 2 days prior to Thanksgiving.
- Place cards is a nice surprise for guest to see. Place cards eliminates the fuss finding a seat. Details make a difference.
- Make it a Day of Giving. Ask guest to bring food item or toy to donate to a food pantry or toy drive. Children can participate in this as well.