I love planning a good party. It gives me the opportunity to give warm hugs to family and friends as the walk through my door. The effervescent sounds of chatter and laughter always warm my heart and spirit. All the festivities make every minute of preparation worth it.
Here are a few key factors to consider when planning a party that make all of your guest feel welcome and comfortable.
- Invite people whose company you enjoy.
- Have a plan of action in place to assure you do not forget the details.
- Plan your menu! Decide if this is a sit-down dinner, buffet or “grab what you like.” Prepare a veggie dish or salad for the healthy party eaters. Prepare a seafood item for guest that do not eat red meat.
- Have recipes prepared online to easily send to guest whom are interested in creating your selections.
- Cocktails - Have your signature cocktail prepared to greet guest as the arrive. A non-alcoholic beverage version of the same cocktail is always good to have prepared. You never know whom maybe expecting, whom does not consume (anymore), or just those who do not indulge at all. After all, someone has to drive home.
- Prepare a fresh pot of coffee.
- Have one or two bags extra bags of ice ready to replenish drinks and ice bucket. Hot and Cold dishes/appetizers work. Appetizers can be very filling, select wisely. Have games that everyone that can participate in.
- Music is key. Have a Playlist that will rhymatically make your guest reac, spark memories or conversation.
Cheri Denise Events,
Creates moments with DETAILS